Maintenance requires planning and then the process of carrying it out. If we look at the types of maintenance, four primary types are reiterated in association with internal strategy.
Some businesses focus on many types of maintenance, while some only concentrate on these four basic types. No matter which way you are pursuing internal maintenance, you should be analyzing the ways by which you can optimize maintenance. Maintenance companies in dubai have this given importance these four types listed below.
1. Corrective Maintenance
Corrective maintenance means that whenever a problem is confronted, the maintenance correlated with the difficulty is executed before the situation escalates. For instance, when a technician performs deliberate inspections and perceives a problem during the process, he will instantly perform corrective maintenance so that the problem does not induce a breakdown or other kinds of downfalls.
Some descriptive examples of corrective maintenance are:
- Urgent repairs like a broken elevator that is filled with people.
- Overhauling things that are shattered or broken, such as replacing a broken module while fixing a solar system.
- Restoring services that are down, for instance, maintaining software that is becoming slower.
- Maintaining something to replenish it for optimal achievement.
2. Preventive Maintenance
In preventive maintenance, premeditated maintenance is carried out to prevent breakdowns and failures. It includes tasks and jobs such as repairs, cleaning, replacing spare parts, lubrication, etc. In preventive maintenance, the inspection is scheduled at a static commonness. This kind of maintenance can be planned with a counter frequency, with a calendar, or with an assortment of these both. This kind of maintenance delivers essential benefits to companies. These benefits are related to errors, costs, safety, and health.
Preventive maintenance is essential for the following reasons:
- It provides fewer downtime and inexpensive repairs attributed to unexpected equipment delinquency.
- It improves the steadfastness and life of the equipment.
- It curtails omissions in operations that result due to incorrect functioning of equipment
- It reduces safety and health risks.
Preventive maintenance facilitates improved productivity, improved safety, greater equipment lifespan, decreased energy consumption, and reduced costs.
3. Condition-Based Maintenance
Some businesses obtain real-time information from their devices or machines. This data includes vibration, temperature, sound frequencies, and anything else which can provide insight into the condition of the devices and machines. The enactment of condition-based maintenance is ascertained on the maximum and minimum indicators.
The advantages of condition-based maintenance are:
- Curtailed cost of asset downfalls
- Improved work safety
- Minimized time disbursed on maintenance
- Minimized overtime expenses by organizing activities
- Reduced odds of collateral ravage to the system
- Exceptional work safety
- Minimized provision for emergency spare parts
4. Predictive Maintenance
The predictive maintenance is established on the condition of equipment and machines. It is done by controlling the condition of equipment and machines to foresee when a possible deterioration will transpire. The maintenance systems that work with predictive maintenance can compute trend curves based on the information indexed in the system. This trend indicates when a task or job is required to be accomplished in the future.
Advantages of predictive maintenance are:
- It increases the service life of devices and machines by evaluating the regularity of repairs, the severity of the machine defect, and the actual condition of machines after rehabilitation. Predictive maintenance allows foreseeing the mean time between failures (also known as MTBF).
- It lessens machine failure by monitoring machines using intelligent technologies and sensors. The vigor condition of the machine is analyzed based on data collected. The maintenance team takes fast action with the help of early detection of failures and defects. Thus the number of machine failures is reduced.
- Predictive maintenance increases ROI (Return of Investment). When machine failures are reduced, productivity increases due to the focus of managers and maintaining a team on vital maintenance labor.